From 1 April 2021, this website will not be updated.
For the latest local health and care information, visit www.nwlondonccg.nhs.uk.
Brent, Central London, Ealing, Hammersmith and Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow, and West London Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) have merged as of 1 April 2021 to form North West London CCG. Brent, Central London, Ealing, Hammersmith and Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow, and West London Clinical Commissioning Groups is transferring to the new CCG – North West London Clinical Commissioning Group on 1 April 2021. The new Clinical Commissioning Group will become the new data controller.
GPs look after the health of people in their local community and deal with a whole range of health problems. They also provide health education, offer advice on smoking and diet, run clinics, give vaccinations and carry out simple surgical operations.
GPs usually work in practices as part of a team, which includes nurses, healthcare assistants, practice managers, receptionists and other staff. Practices also work closely with other healthcare professionals, such as health visitors, midwives, and social services.
How to register with a GP
You can register with a GP practice of your choice, as long as you live within its catchment area and it is accepting new patients.
- For more information on how to choose a GP, click here.
- For general questions on GP appointments, click here.
To view a list of our GP practice members click here.
To find you nearest GP surgery click here.
Evening and weekend apppointments
Need to see a GP or doctor in the evening, weekend or bank holiday?
Evening and weekend GP appointments are available to book at Alexandra Avenue and Belmont GP Access Centres. Appointments are available seven days a week from 8am-8pm by calling your own GP surgery or NHS 111 if your practice is closed.
You can book an appointment before you arrive if you’re registered with a Harrow GP.
Alexandra Avenue GP Access Centre
275 Alexandra Avenue, Harrow HA2 9DX
8.00am - 8.00pm Mon - Sun
Belmont GP Access Centre
516 Kenton Lane, Stanmore, Harrow HA3 7LT
|8.00am - 8.00pm Mon - Sun|
The location of your evening and weekend appointments may vary depending on which doctors surgery you are registered with. Please contact your own surgery for further details and to book an appointment.
GP out of hours
If you need to get access to a GP out of surgery hours you should call your GP practice which will be able to provide you with the contact number for their out of hours service.
GP online services
GP online services will allow you to access a range of services via your computer or mobile. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online with a GP or nurse.
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online.
- view parts of your GP health record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results.
The service is free. Everyone who is registered with a GP can have access to their practice's online services. For more details, see NHS.UK.
If your GP refers you… you can choose
Our CCG meets the standards for patient choice. If your GP needs to refer you to a particular service for a physical or mental health condition, in most cases you have a legal right to choose which hospital or service you go to. You can also choose where to give birth. This includes NHS and many private hospitals that provide services to the NHS. You may also choose your clinical team led by a consultant or named healthcare professional.
There are a number of places where you can access information about hospitals and services:
- You can ask your GP about what might be the best choice for you, once you tell them what matters to you most.
- You can compare information about hospitals, services and consultants at www.nhs.uk. This website includes information about the quality of care, waiting times, parking and travel. Simply search using the ‘Services Near You’ option available at the top of page. You can also search according to the operations and treatments that the hospitals or services offer.